After being moderately successful in keeping up with my priorities and goals for 2015 I realize that I bit off more than I could chew. In other words, I was a little too aggressive in my action under my priorities. Therefore, in 2016 I will be simplifying my action items that drive my priorities. I will, however, keep the same priorities as I believe that they still need to be the main priorities I need to focus on. Finally, I am going to make a serious effort to write about my progress and the subsequent results I am seeing every four to six weeks. I pray that 2016 will be my most all-around fruitful year to date.
Priority #1: Having a strong, vibrant, RELATIONSHIP with the Lord Jesus
- Wake up no later than 5:30 every weekday morning for personal worship
- Keep a journal of prayers, reflections, meditations, etc
- Read spiritually edifying books
Priority #2: Having a beautiful, honest, edifying, fun-loving relationship with Betsy
- Maximize night time after the kids go to bed with Betsy (being intentional about reading, in-home dates, games, movies, etc).
- Plan at least one date night every two weeks
- Do one job for Betsy everyday that would serve her in keeping an orderly home
Priority #3: Loving, leading and enjoying my children
- Have a heavily guarded weekly family night for games, movies, etc (Fridays)
- Family worship every night after PJs are on
- Participate in home schooling whenever I am home for it
Priority #4: Staying healthy and energetic
- Run three days per week
- Be in bed no later than 10:00 (M-Th)
Priority #5: Making good use of my free-time
- Read at least 12 books in 2015 (one per month)
- No surfing the web after 9:00 p.m. (M-Th)
My word of the year: Consistency – It is a lack of consistency that kept me from doing better on my goals last year. I was very streaky so this year I will be focusing my attention on being consistent.