If you know Betsy and me you know that as parents we are really passionate about three things: 1) Doing all we can to help our children know Jesus 2) Training our children in obedience and love for others 3) Having fun while doing #1 and #2. If you hang around our family much you have probably heard us and/or our children talk about the Holloway Family Slogans – maybe you have even heard a few. Some people have even asked us about them and wanted to see them (probably because they think we are weird and not because they actually want to use them). So (drumroll…) here are the Holloway Family Slogans. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Holloway Family Slogans
1. Live for an audience of ONE.
2. The WORD works
3. Prayer empowers.
4. It is always right to do the right thing.
5. You will never regret time spent on your knees.
6. God is not in a hurry.
7. Give your word rarely. Keep your word always.
8. The best thing your father will ever do for you is love your mother.
9. Be filled with the Spirit and have fun.
10. Hate sin. Love people.
11. Your Father and Mother think you are wonderful gift from God.
12. Attitude sets the altitude for life.
13. Find out what God wants you to do and do it with all your might.
14. You never had a better idea than God. And you never will.
15. Success in anything is doing it in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God.
16. God will never leave you nor forsake you. (cf. Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:5)
17. Be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you. (Joshua 1:9)
18. A soft answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up strife (Proverbs 15:1-2)
19. Listen to your father’s instruction and don’t forget your mother’s teaching. (Proverbs 1:8)
20. Your Bible will keep you from sin or sin will keep you from your Bible.
21. Always give your best, even when your best isn’t enough. (cf. Colossians 3:17)
22. Remember to remember the greatness of God.
23. It is always too soon to give up on God.
24. Only date someone God says you can mate.
25. To obey is better than sacrifice. (1 Samuel 15:22)
26 The day will never come when you have more experience in life than your Father and Mother.
27. Never do anything you would be ashamed to have your mother or father know about.
28. When swimming with sharks, don’t look like bait.
29. Choose to sin, choose to suffer.
30. God is God and I am not.
Where did these come from? A majority of them came from one of my favorite seminary professors, Marty Schoenleber and some others we made up or grabbed from other people along the way.